“Smokin’ in Las Vegas” Sweepstakes
Royal Gold Cigar’s “Smokin’ in Las Vegas” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchasing a product or service will not increase your chances of winning.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 6, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 12, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are given in Eastern Time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal US Residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Massachusetts, Michigan and at retail in Virginia) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). The Entrant who is selected as the potential grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) must have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (defined below) or a party acting on its behalf to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the grand prize (the “Grand Prize”). Valid social security numbers will be determined by Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requirements as further defined in the “Prize Claims” section of these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of Swisher International (the “Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, its distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, National Sweepstakes Company, LLC (the “Independent Administrator”), and the entities supplying the Grand Prize herein as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void in Massachusetts, Michigan, at retail in Virginia, US territories and possessions located outside of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.
3. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
A. VIA A PURCHASE: Purchase a qualifying full box of 10 ct. or more (“Box”) of (a) Casino Gold HRS® brand cigars, (b) Kismet® brand cigars, or (c) Nirvana brand cigars (the “Cigars”) from Cigars International to automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry for each Box of Cigars purchased from Cigars International. For example, if an Entrant purchases one (1) Box of Casino Gold HRS® brand Cigars and one (1) Box of Kismet® brand Cigars, the Entrant will automatically receive two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes. Cigars sold in a single pack or five (5) packs do not qualify to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entrant may make a purchase via one of the following methods:
(i) CALL CENTER PURCHASE: Contact Cigars International via the call center at 1-888-244-2790 (the “Call Center”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the voice prompt instructions to make a purchase of a Box of Cigars. Entrant will need to provide all of the required information as requested by the Call Center Representative in order to submit and complete a Call Center purchase. Required information will include first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, date of birth, credit card number, and e-mail address (if applicable). Upon completion of the purchase, Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each Box of Cigars purchased via the Call Center during the Sweepstakes Period. Neither Sponsor nor Independent Administrator is responsible for entries that are disconnected, misdirected, incomplete, or inaudible, or that contain unintelligible information provided by Entrants, or for otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late, incorrectly or are lost due to telephone or computer system equipment failure.
(ii) WEBSITE PURCHASE: Visit www.cigarsinternational.com or www.cigarsintl.com (collectively the “Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period to purchase a Box of Cigars. Entrant will need to provide all of the required information as requested on the Website in order to submit and complete a Website purchase. Upon completion of the purchase, Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each Box of Cigars purchased via the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. Neither Sponsor nor Independent Administrator is responsible for any Website entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
All Call Center and Website purchases must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET by June 12, 2014 to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
B. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY (“AMOE”): To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, Entrant may enter as follows: on a plain 3” x 5” card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, and e-mail address (if available) to: “Smokin’ In Las Vegas Sweepstakes” PO Box 10849 Rochester, NY 14610. Entries must be postmarked by June 12, 2014 and received by June 19, 2014. Each envelope is considered two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries submitted by a single Entrant or in the same envelope are void. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Neither the Sponsor nor the Independent Administrator will verify receipt of entries for Entrants. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor nor Independent Administrator is responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or damaged mailed entries.
There is no limit to the amount of entries an Entrant may receive during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and/or Independent Administrator will not verify receipt of entries for Entrants.
4. WINNING/ODDS: There will be one (1) random drawing held on or about June 23, 2014 in which one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Independent Administrator, whose decisions are based upon its sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules, and are final and binding in all respects. Further details for claiming the Grand Prize is outlined under the “NOTIFICATION” and “PRIZE CLAIMS” Sections of these Official Rules.
5. NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the date in which the potential Grand Prize Winner is selected. In order to claim his/her Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the e-mail notification within the time frame indicated by providing the Required Documents (as defined in the “PRIZE CLAIMS” section below). In the event that: (a) the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to respond to the e-mail notification; (b) the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to supply the Required Documents; (c) any e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable; and/or (d) it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the potential Grand Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period..
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize of trip to Las Vegas, Nevada will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize includes all of the following: (a) round trip coach-class airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests (each, a “Travel Companion” and collectively, the “Travel Companions”) from a major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of a cancellation or delay of any flight. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner’s proximity to Las Vegas, Nevada, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air transportation at Sponsor’s sole discretion; (b) three (3) night hotel accommodation for four (4) travelers in Las Vegas, Nevada; (c) round trip ground transportation to/from the hotel and airport in Las Vegas, Nevada; and (d) $1,000 spending money to be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner in the form of a check. The total approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize will not exceed $5,000. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value at time of booking will not be awarded. Any expenses related to the Grand Prize including without limitation, any taxes, fees, gratuities, and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize consists of only the items specifically listed in the Grand Prize. Depictions of any part of the Grand Prize package in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize Winner/Travel Companions must travel on the dates indicated by the Independent Administrator/Sponsor and must confirm travel dates with Independent Administrator a minimum of forty-five (45) days prior to travel or Grand Prize will be forfeited. In such case, no alternate prize will be awarded to such Grand Prize Winner and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected. All travel must commence within one (1) year of the date for which the Grand Prize Winner has submitted the completed “Required Documents” as outlined in the “PRIZE CLAIMS” section below. All travel is subject to availability at time of request, blackout dates (including holidays) and other restrictions may apply. Tickets/itineraries are final once confirmed and may not be changed for any reason, other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companion must travel on same itinerary and must have valid required travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, passport, birth certificate, etc.) before departure. Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companions are solely responsible for determining and obtaining, each at his/her own cost, required travel documents. Travel Companions must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to accompany the Grand Prize Winner. The value associated with the Grand Prize may be taxable as income and Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including but not limited to all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Grand Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Grand Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if advertised Grand Prize should become unavailable. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize he/she has received, including but not limited to any and all federal, state and local taxes. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
7. PRIZE CLAIMS: Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to the Independent Administrator an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and Travel Companion Waiver (the “Waiver”) and IRS form W-9 in order to claim the Grand Prize (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within the time frame indicated in the E-mail Notification. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize Winner consents to use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning the Grand Prize). The Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes. The Independent Administrator must report the value of the Grand Prize to the IRS in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the IRS in the form of a Form 1099. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential Grand Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (or any party acting on its behalf) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements.
8. GENERAL: All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, if applicable. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Independent Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize; and [c] if the Grand Prize Winner, to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates without further notice or compensation (unless prohibited by law) and, except where prohibited, to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Sponsor, its licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for; [a] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction; [b] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [c] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; or [d] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor and / or Independent Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Independent Administrator. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSISTIUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action will be posted on the Website. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
9. SPONSOR: Swisher International, Inc., 459 East 16th Street, Jacksonville, FL, 32206.
10. INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is being administered by National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 80 Rockwood Place, Rochester, NY, 14610, who is responsible for overseeing the awarding of the Grand Prize, and whose decisions are final in regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes.
11. WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive a list of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: “Smokin’ In Las Vegas Sweepstakes” Winners List Request, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY, 14610. Requests must be received by July 31, 2014. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
13. RULES: Visit the Website for a copy of these Official Rules during the Sweepstakes Period. You may also obtain a copy of these Official Rules by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2014 to: “Smokin’ In Las Vegas Sweepstakes” Official Rules Request, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY, 14610. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without written permission by Sponsor.
Casino Gold® and Kismet® are registered trademarks of Swisher International.
Nirvana is a pending registered trademark of Swisher International.
Royal Gold Cigar’s “Smokin’ In Las Vegas” Sweepstakes
The disclaimers below (subject to final approval) may be a minimum of 6 point font size:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes ends 06/12/14 and is subject to full Official Rules available at www.royalgoldcigars.com. Open only to legal US residents in the 48 contiguous US and DC (excluding residents of MA, MI, and retail in VA), 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in MA, MI, and retail in VA, outside the 48 US and DC, and where restricted or prohibited by law.
Disclaimers must appear on any advertisement referencing the Sweepstakes. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Internet & Web Banners
• Any POS or printed ad
o All disclaimers must appear somewhere on the printed piece (ie. Bottom of the page).
• Broadcast Advertising (Radio and Television)
o Radio: All disclaimers must be clearly stated at some point within the radio script. They must be stated in a reasonable amount of time for the consumer to clearly understand them.
o TV: All disclaimers must be posted on the commercial. Having them posted at the bottom of the screen for the entire duration of the commercial is the best way. Otherwise, they can be placed on screen at the end of the commercial, giving a reasonable amount of time for the consumer to clearly read and understand them.